At the Raytown Vineyard, we don’t “do” babysitting. We do look for ways to include children as significant members of our church body.
When we look at the long history of God communicating with people, we see countless examples of children being chosen to carry the message of God’s love for us. Jesus made some statements about children that were very bold in their cultural context, and still somewhat revolutionary for today:
“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”–Matthew 19:14
“I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”–Mark 10:15
We are still working out what all this means. Here’s what we do know:
1) God has a special calling for the Raytown Vineyard in the area of Ministry with Children.
2) God frequently uses children in ministry, both by minstering to other children, and by ministering to adults.
3) At times, children seem even more in tune with what God is doing than adults.
4) Our role as adults is to help create an environment where children can grow in exercising their faith.
5) We seek to create opportunities for children to have a meaningful role in the life of the church body. Routinely, children join adults for prayer and worship activities and service projects.
6) We expect to provide the best of our resources for our children.
If you are interested in learning more about this dynamic ministry, please contact our Ministry with Children Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.