This week, we kick off a new weekly series on the Book of Acts. This book is an excellent companion to the rest of the New Testament as it demonstrates how the first followers of Jesus engaged their world with His message and mission. Tonight, we will look at three key themes of the book, based on Acts 1:7-8.
- God has a sovereign time appointed for the end of the age, and we are relieved from having to worry about when that will be.
- We will receive Power when the Holy Spirit has come upon us.
- We will be his witnesses all over the World.
So, as we are introducing this key book, there are several questions we will be addressing:
- How does the Book of Acts demonstrate God’s core character of Love?
- How does the infilling of the Holy Spirit demonstrate God’s Love?
- What does it mean to be a “witness” as described in the verses we are looking at tonight?
Come and join us on Sunday at 5 PM as we CONNECT in shared space at 5413 Blue Ridge Cutoff, and as we kick off a new year together in the Book of Acts with a Sermon Series called “Introducing the Book of Acts”.