This week, we took a look at the principles of “control” and “self-control” in the context of Acts 13:42-52.
We saw a stark contrast between the religious leaders of the day who were attempting to “control” the message, and the disciples, governed by self-control, who maintained an attitude of joy.
If you would like to listen to the message, just click here.
Take a look at 7 Truths about Control . Then answer questions about where you are in the issues of “control” and “self-control”:
7 Truths about Control
1) God is in control.
2) God asks us to manage the resources He gives us, not control them.
3) When we try to control, it’s easy to miss what God is doing.
4) When we try to control, it’s easy to miss the joy.
5) God’s only plan for us is self-control.
6) Self-control is a gift of God.
7) God will give us opportunities to grow in self-control.
Joining with God’s Heart for Control
On a scale of 1 to 10, how well do you understand God’s Heart for Control?
What is God highlighting to you about Self-Control today?
What is the next step for you in walking out Self-Control?