This week, we shared a Memorial Day Message, based on Hebrews 11: “The Kingdom of God is a Relay Race”.
If you would like to listen to the message, just click here.
Here are the main thoughts we explored together:
1) God values the past.
- History gives us examples to learn from.
- Previous generations have given us a leg in the race.
2) God wants to show us the future.
- God loves to share with us his heart for the future.
- God frequently talks with us about our future destiny as an encouragement.
- God rarely allows us to complete anything of real lasting value.
- God asks us to prepare to hand off the baton at any time.
3) God is calling us to live in the present.
- Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.–Bill Keane, Family Circus comics.
- God reconciles us with the past.
- God says our life is like a vapor.
- God’s faithfulness is new every morning.
What is God saying to you through this message?
What is God asking you to do?
What are you going to do about it TODAY?