Thursday, April 30 will been declared the “National Day of Repentance”. This will be the 152nd Anniversary of the National Day of Humiliation, Prayer, and Fasting called by President Abraham Lincoln.
This week, we took a look at 2 Chronicles 7 and shared a message on National Day of Repentance, 2015.
If you would like to listen to the message, just click here.
Here are the main thoughts we explored together:
- God is complete without us.
- God wants us to live in the joy of his unhurried togetherness
- God forgives us when we confess our sin to Him. God heals us when we confess our sin to another. God rewires our minds when we repent.
- Godly repentance doesn’t come from guilt, but from Godly sorrow over lost opportunity for togetherness.
- God is sending a fresh wave of repentance to the USA.
Here are some questions to ask as we are reading and meditating on the Word:
Who is God?
How does God see me?
How can I pursue God?