This week, we took a look at how the disciples of Jesus dealt with criticism in the context of Acts 14:-1-7.
If you would like to listen to the message, just click here.
Take a look at 7 Truths about Criticism. Then answer questions about where you are in the issues of dealing with criticism:
7 Truths about Criticism
1) There is a constructive criticism that is born in love.
2) Love requires me to do what is best for the other person, no matter what it costs me.
3) God doesn’t want criticism to distract me, but to draw me closer to Him.
4) Sometimes God uses criticism to answer my prayer: “search me God and know my heart”.
5) Sometimes God uses criticism to identify my need for the praise of man.
6) Criticism clarifies my message.
7) My response to criticism is a reflection of my heart posture.
Joining God’s Plan for Criticism
What are the benefits to you living life free from the need of the praise of man?
Are there one or two people in your life who you have trouble hearing because of bitterness over criticism?
What is the next step in healing your heart and making it open again?