This week, we examined Acts 13:4-12. In this passage, we get to read about the details of the first stop on Paul’s First Missionary Journey. It is striking that for this great evangelist, during his historic first stop of his first Missions trip (on the island of Cyprus), after a quick mention of sharing the gospel in one of synagogues and then throughout the island, the story focuses on his delivery of the gospel message in the court of Sergius Paulus, a Governmental leader.
As we continue to work our way through the Book of Acts, we are amazed to find how prominently Governmental leaders are involved with the story of the early spread of the gospel. Some like Herod are noted for their mistreatment of the things of God. But the lion’s share of Governmental leaders in this book about the early church are actually individuals that the first Apostles focus their early ministries on.
This week, Tim brought a message about God’s Love for Government Leaders that included his Top 10.5 Secrets, and then we were encouraged to respond by Joining with God’s Heart for Government Leaders
Take a look at Tim’s Top 10.5 Secrets about God’s Heart for Government Leaders. Then take your temperature for joining in:
Tim’s Top 10.5 Secrets about God’s Heart for Government Leaders
1) A good portion of the Book of Acts documents Missions that took the Kingdom of God to Government leaders.
2) God loves Government leaders.
3) God has a plan for Government leaders.
4) Government leaders are not there by accident.
5) Government leaders are surrounded by people who want to control them for personal gain.
6) When God wants to touch a community, He often begins with government leaders.
7) Government leaders want to govern well.
8) Government leaders are human.
9) Government leaders respond to power.
10) Government leaders respond to truth.
10.5) When God sends people to take the Kingdom of Godinto Governmental settings, sometimes it involves confrontation.
Joining with God’s Heart for Government Leaders
On a scale of 0 to 10, you could rate my knowledge of God’s Heart for Government Leaders at:
On a scale of 0 to 10, you could rate my maturity of joining in with God’s Heart for Government Leaders at:
In my walk with God, the next step in the area of joining with God’s Heart for Government Leaders is (circle one or more): Opening my heart, Learning more, Asking God’s forgiveness, Faithfulness with a current Mission, Seeking God’s Heart for a New Mission
On a scale of 0 to 10, you could rate my readiness to take the next step joining with God’s heart for Government Leaders at: